Monday, February 28, 2011

Setting Goals

Every few months I attend a Women's Entrepreneurs networking meeting and I get energized and come away with some great ideas. A few months ago one of the ladies said that every week she gets together with a group of people and they set goals. Each week they review their progress. What a great concept! Way to be accountable.

So, my friend and I started getting together once a month to do the same thing. Here are a few tips that I have for setting goals.

  1. Set goals that are obtainable. I know that I work 40+ hours a week and when I get home I'm exhausted. It is not reasonable for me to say that I will create 40 new invitation designs for Etsy. It is reasonable for me to say that I'll get two designs created each week {like on weekends when I have some free time}.
  2. Set personal goals that will make you feel better mentally and physically. I've set goals like reading a book or wanting to run three to four times each week. 
  3. Set work goals. This is important to stay on track and hopefully will give you a sense of accomplishment because you've completed a task that is out of the norm. 
  4. Choose a fun goal. Make a craft. Scrapbook. Plan a trip to a museum or beach.
Since tomorrow starts a new month {and for me a new year, the last year, of my twenties}...it is time to set those goals.

My goals for March are:

1. Finish reading Eat, Pray, Love {Yes, I picked it up months ago, tried to get into it and then the holidays hit and I haven't picked it up since.}

2. Run/Walk/Just Plan Workout at least 3X a week. No more being lazy. 
3. Create 10 new designs for my Etsy shop.
4. Spring clean the kitchen. Wipe the cupboards down, inside and out.

What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment