Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Been MIA but Back with a CRAFT! Paper Star Tutorial

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few weeks. Life has been a little crazy but all is well. Here's a fun tutorial that you can make in any theme (baseball, beach, camping, states or princess-like I did!). I made this for a friend's daughter who had a princess birthday party!

Supplies
Star (I found mine at Michael's. It's made out of heavy duty cardboard.)
Mod Podge
Foam Brush (not pictured)
Ribbon
Scrapbook Paper
Scissors or a Paper Cutter
Pencil
Glue Gun (not pictured)

Step 1: Cut your scrapbook paper so it is slightly longer on the outside of the star (you want it to be able to fold over a little). HINT: I turned the star over and traced the outline onto the back of my scrapbook paper so I knew where to cut.

Layout all of your pieces before you begin to make sure you like how they look together.

Step 2: Mod Podge each piece of paper down. Make sure to put a heavier coat onto your star in order to make sure that the scrapbook paper sticks.



Step 3: Cover the top in Mod Podge.



Step 4: Let dry. Cut a piece of ribbon and glue it to the back of your star.

No comments:

Post a Comment