Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finding Comfort Among Books

There is something calming, peaceful and just plain lovely about books. I think it's because someday I hope to write a children's book, and I long to get lost in the stories, plus, who doesn't want to learn something. Every time I walk into Barnes and Noble there is this great feeling that comes over me. Today, I got to spend time with my bestie and on a whim we decided to stop by good 'ole Barnes and Noble. {She loves books even more than me!} 

I'm not the only one in my family like this. My sister LOVES books. Her collection of Berinstein Bears, Little Critters and many others are amazing. My grandma reads all of the time.

In a few short days my sister graduates high school {eeek} {Please take into consideration that she does have Down Syndrome. I'm sure you were wondering after the choice of books listed above.} and I had no idea what to get her. So I started wondering through the children's book section and I found her two great books. This one I think is more for me {just kidding}...

I enjoy reading Ree's blog, The Pioneer Women, which is where I learned about her NEW children's book. She is really a jack of all trades. If you are interested in recipes, writing, photography, home school and more you should stop by and check out her blog. 

My sister also loves animals. I was pretty excited to find this book for her as well.


Then...after grabbing Charlie the Ranch Dog for my sister I remembered that I REALLY wanted to read Ree's other book, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. So...I bought myself a little something.


I can't wait to start reading this book. Maybe the weather will be nice tomorrow so I can sit outside, get some vitamin D and get lost in Ree's love story.




No comments:

Post a Comment