Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How to Make a HOT {temperature wise} Momma-To-Be Happy?

I LOVE summer but we've just by passed spring and skipped right into hot and humid days. I'm the kind of girl that likes to bask in the sun and jump into a nice, refreshing pool, lake or ocean {I'm not too picky as long as it's clean} to cool off. Problem number 1: I don't own a pool. I won't swim in Lake Michigan {not exactly clean, but if you go to Michigan I heard its beautiful} and oceans are many miles away. So, today I just feel HOT.

Problem number 2: I'm getting fat. Not because I love to munch on chips and dip {this week it's queso, two weeks ago it was French Onion} but because I'm pregnant. And, other than the fat part I feel pretty darn good and I am very fortunate for feeling so good. Even though I feel good physically, mentally I feel not so pretty. Not so pretty that goes as far as, "should I chop my hair?" and "I have a few lonely outfits to wear". Please note: It has taken me a good amount of time to grow my hair out.

So...last night I asked hubby if I could get some new makeup. Let's face it, makeup is not cheap. {I feel a little guilty buying stuff because I recently quit my full time job...hence the old school approach of asking to buy something.} Right away, without even questioning it he said yes. He also is very supportive of my need for an electric sander.

So, today, this is how you make a HOT Momma-To-Be Happy...

New Makeup
Starbucks Mocha Coconut Decaf Light Frappuccino-YUM

Clearance Tank! $10 instead of $20!
Seeds for the Garden...because this year I will maintain the garden so we use the produce.
Plants for the garden. I'd like to enjoy my produce THIS summer and because of where we live pre-started plants just makes sense.
Clematis...This year I'm keeping my receipt because this is the third clematis that I've purchased. I don't get it, my grandma who can kill a plastic house plant has this beautiful, large clematis on the side of her house.
A Double Knock Rose
An Endless Summer Hydrangea. I've wanted one for a few years. We lack color in our gardens late summer, early fall and I've seen neighbors that have hydrangeas and they are beautiful. I'm so excited to have this. I wish they weren't so expensive because I would have purchased two more.
And last, but not least...a sander! Every girl needs one. The checkout guy at Home Depot made fun of me for buying flowers and power tools. What can I say, I have projects to get done.
And that is how you make a HOT Momma-To-Be Happy.


Don't forget to 'like' my facebook page: Collide Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment