Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Little Addition to a Plain Vase Tutorial

Our master bath is just about the only room that we have not touched or painted since we moved in five years ago. The soaking tub {aka dust collector} is blah. See...

So, a few months ago I got this great deal on a vase from Marshall's {I think I paid only $7.50 for it}. FYI: You get what you pay for. When I tried to pick up the vase after I finished this tutorial I cracked the top of it.

I wanted to add a little more to the plain vase. So with some rocks, bright flowers, twine and beads I dressed up the vase. Here's how you can dress up your vase quickly and easily.

Supplies
Vase
Flowers
Rocks
Thread {white}
Twine
Beads
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun


Step 1: String your beads on the thread. Space them a few inches from each other.
Hint: I did two strips of thread so it didn't get all twisted together.
The twine was too thick to string through the bead, which is why I had to use thread.

This is what my beads looked like on the thread when I was finished.

Step 2: Tie your thread with the beads to your twine. I cut the twine a little longer than the thread because I wanted more twine to wrap around the vase.


Step 3: Let the thread with beads twist around the twine. This will hold it in place better. Tie the other end of the thread and twine together.

Step 4: Add a small dab of hot glue to the back of the vase and start to wrap your twine around the vase.

Step 5: Add your rocks and flowers.


A little color in a plain bathroom.


Don't forget to get your Pampered Chef orders in by Sunday, May 8 and Help Whip Cancer!



No comments:

Post a Comment