Monday, July 25, 2011

Today=Cleaning Day & a Quote Sign

Today I spent the day going through junk mail {ick}, finding my kitchen table again {even though the sewing machine is still on it and for good reasons}, vacuuming, washing the floors, etc....all the fun stuff. Of course, cleaning the first floor used to take 1-2 hours but today it took closer to 5 {hahaha}, mainly because I had to take breaks {remember fat mama-to-be here}. It's all good though because just the feeling of having a clean house is SO worth it. Do you know the feeling I'm talking about?

There are certain things that I just can't and won't do until everything is in order and clean again. I am totally the person who waits to put the new rocks in her vase until the kitchen is cleaned.
And I'm the person who doesn't figure out where to put her 'new' Believe sign until the living room has been picked up, dusted and vacuumed. I say 'new' because I had this sign sitting in a draw for well over a year or has it been two.

I also am the person who starts to clean out cupboards {like under my sink} and drawers {which is where I found this cute book that I forgot I had} when I clean. Maybe that is why it took nearly 5 hours to clean...hmmm.

Besides cleaning I also finally finished up the quote sign that I made for my friends birthday. Yay! I just had to add the daisy's {her favorite flower} because it was too blah without them. The sad thing is that it took all of 1 minute to add the daisy's. 


This is the second sign that I've made using vinyl letters and my Silhouette {love it} and it was much easier the second time around. If you want to know how to make a quote sign of your own check out the step by step Beach Rules Subway Art directions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment