Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Heart Money Saving

I finally did it. I figured out how to successfully coupon at Walgreens. If you didn't see my post yesterday you should go back and read it {I really think it will help clarify some things. Couponing at Walgreens is tricky but if you know their policy you can make it work.

That's right, I got bleach, toothpaste, milk, candy corn, bubble envelopes and paper plates for {drum roll please} $2.11! Can you tell I'm excited?

Here is how my purchase worked this week.

Bleach {Limit 3, I purchased just one bottle}
99¢ with Walgreen's circular coupon

Crest 3D Toothpaste
Sale Price = 2/$5
Get $3 Register Rewards
Use a 50¢ coupon from the 7/31 P&G
Use a 75¢ coupon from the 7/31 P&G
Total paid today $3.75 {but I earned $3 in Register Rewards to use on my next purchase}

Scotch Envelopes {Limit 3, so I bought 3}
39¢ with Walgreen's circular coupon

Paper Plates {Limit 3, I purchased just one pack}
99¢ with Walgreen's circular coupon

Brachs Candy Corn
Sale Price = 2/$3
Get $1 Register Rewards
Use the $1/2 coupon from the 8/7 SS

Milk
{not on sale but we needed it and I had enough Register Rewards to nearly cover my whole purchase}
$2.39

Total Before Coupons = $18.86
Money Saved with Coupons = $7.57
Used $10 in Register Rewards
Out of Pocket = 1.29 {plus tax = $2.11}

In order to make this purchase work I had to have as many items as I had manufacturers coupons. I had three manufacturers coupons from previous Sunday papers and four Register Rewards {which count as manufacturers coupons}. It doesn't matter the price of your additional items but in the end you need an item for each manufacturers coupon in order for the Register Rewards to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment