Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LOVE Mod Podge Letters

As you will come to see...
Mod Podge and letters are like my new best friends.
I promise to branch out.

I wanted to make a simple Valentine's Day decoration for my house. To be honest, I think you could use it all year long if you use script scrapbook paper or something very neutral like I used. This project cost me about $5 {I already had Mod Podge at home} and I have another set of letters because two came in a pack.



Supplies
Letters {LOVE}
Scrapbook Paper {I used a script paper but you can use anything. Maybe paper with hearts or some paper in hues of pink and/or red}
Mod Podge
Pencil
Scissors
Brush
Glue Gun


Step 1: Trace Your Letters onto the back of your scrapbook paper
Note: Make sure you flip your letters over so they backwards.


Step 2: Cut out your letters

Step 3: Mod Podge your letter

Step 4: Lay down your paper letter on top of the Mod Podged wooden letter. Cover your scrapbook paper letter with Mod Podge.
Hint: Smooth out any bubbles with your fingers or the edge of a credit card.

 Step 5: Arrange the letters how you would like to have them displayed.
I wanted the 'O' to be angled. Make sure you line up your bottom letters first so they are even {it will sit better when on display}.
Use a hot glue gun to attach the letters.
Note: My letters were small and light so hot glue worked to hold them together. I also put some hot glue on the back of the letters for extra support. If you use larger, heavier letters you may need something to help support them, like Popsicle sticks.






Enjoy your LOVE letters! Mine found a home on top of my
photo bulletin board {last picture}.

2 comments: